“Having more than 20 years of experience in general practice dentistry, I have learned to love working with people of all ages and walks of life. General dentistry has afforded me the opportunity to learn and develop procedures that are rewarding both to me and my patients. I have come to greatly appreciate the differences that we all have, but at the same time the oneness that we all share.” — Dr. Steward
Dr. Norman Steward, a second-generation dentist, learned from his grandfather the importance of open and honest communication and a conservative approach to dentistry. Using a team approach, Dr. Steward is able to provide the best, longest-lasting dental health to his patients.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry, minor in music – Ursinus College, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, 1991
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – New York University College of Dentistry, 1995
- Honors in comprehensive care and applied practice administration
- Honors in oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Honors in anesthesia
- General practice residency – Christiana Care Health System, Wilmington, Deleware, 1995-1996
- Volunteer clinical instructor
Dr. Steward attained fellowship status in the Academy of General Dentistry, an award given to dentists who complete at least 500 hours of continuing education in many different disciplines of dentistry, as well as pass a comprehensive examination. As a fellow in the academy, Dr. Steward pledges to continue to training through annual continuing education in various fields of dentistry.
In addition to his fellowship status, Dr. Steward has also completed certifications through the International Association for Orthodontics and CEREC®, and is a Premier Invisalign® provider. His additional professional affiliations include:
- American Dental Association
- Delaware State Dental Society, executive board member
- Kent-Sussex Dental Society
- International Association for Orthodontics
- Christiana Care Health System, clinical instructor
Outside the Office
Dr. Steward was born in Seaford and currently resides in Rehoboth Beach. He enjoys spending time at the beach, walking his two English Setters, and spending time with friends. Dr. Steward also greatly enjoys his work with the All Saints’ Episcopal Church choir.